Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The Southold Town Police Department will again be participating in the NYS Governor's Traffic Safety Committee's Buckle Up New York, Click It or Ticket campaign which runs from May 22-June 4, 2023. Throughout this period officers, funded by a NYS Traffic Safety Grant, will be conducting high visibility checkpoints throughout town to enforce and draw attention to the use of seat belts amongst motorists and passengers alike. The national seat belt use rate in 2022 was 91.6%. The Click It or Ticket campaign is focusing on the remaining 8.4% who still don’t buckle up. Thousands of lives could be saved each year if every person was properly restrained on the road.
The top 5 things you should know about buckling up.