RECREATION DEPARTMENT POLICIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Registration PolicyRegistrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis through three methods: remotely by the Online Recreation Portal, by mail with a check and properly completed registration form or in person at the Recreation Center with payment by cash, check or credit card and a properly completed registration form. Payment is required at time of registration. Early registrations will not be accepted. Program fees will not be pro-rated. A $20 fee will be charged for any returned check. Participants are advised to have a complete physical prior to participating in activities that are strenuous. All participants take part in the Southold Town recreation programs at their own risk. The Town of Southold Recreation Department assumes no responsibility for injuries suffered or sustained from risks inherent in participating in department sponsored programs or while using recreation program facilities.
- Full refunds will be granted if a program is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment or is canceled by the Recreation Department and no cancellation fee will be assessed. Refunds will not be issued for trips, special events, or ticketed events unless your place can be filled by someone on a waiting list for said activity. In such an instance, a $5 cancellation fee will be assessed.
- A full refund will be issued if the registrant cancels their registration two or more weeks before a class or program, however, the $5 cancellation fee will be assessed to the participant per class or program. No refunds will be issued if the request is made two weeks or less before the start of a class or program. No refunds will be granted after the class or program has started.
- If your transaction was processed by credit card through the online registration portal, the service charge assessed will not be refunded, even if the program was cancelled.
- Refunds that are requested as the result of a medical condition or injury that precludes the registrant from participating will be considered on a case by case basis and will require proof from a medical professional.
- Any bounced checks will result in the Town charging a bounced check fee of $20. All credit payments will be processed 1-2 business days after receiving a payment confirmation.
- Credits to participate in future programs will not be issued for any reason. If you missed a class or full program, and would like to take a similar program in the future, you will be required to register and pay in full.
- Refunds will be issued approximately 4 weeks after the refund is authorized. Refunds on payments made by credit card will be credited back to the same credit card account used at the time of registration.
- In the event of an instructor being unavailable due to reasons other than inclement weather, efforts will be made to reschedule the class upon the instructor’s availability at the discretion of the Recreation Department Supervisor.
Bus Trip Cancellation PolicyIt is acknowledged and understood by all participants that bus excursion events are organized through third party vendors. In the event of a cancellation or rescheduling of a bus excursion event due to inclement weather or other reasons beyond the Town of Southold’s control, refunds and fees, if any, shall be subject to the cancellation, refund and rescheduling policies of the specific third party vendor. Excursion event participants further understand and agree that the Town of Southold, its Officials, Employees and Agents, and the transportation company, shall not be held liable or responsible for losses, damages or expenses related to said excursion, including delays caused by accidents, breakdowns, inclement weather, road conditions, acts of God, public enemies, authority of law, quarantine, perils of navigation, air traffic delays, riots, strikes, the hazards or dangers incident to a state of war and any other condition beyond the Town’s or transportation company’s control. Furthermore, the Town of Southold and transportation company cannot and does not guarantee arrival nor departure times. If any of the above conditions make the excursion inadvisable, Town and transportation company reserve the right to alter the excursion accordingly; neither the Town nor transportation company shall be held liable for same.
Inclement WeatherIn the event of inclement weather, program cancellations will be announced on WLNG Radio 92.1 FM, and posted on the Southold Town Website (www.southoldtownny.gov). If time permits, Recreation Department staff will attempt to notify you by email and/or phone message of any cancellations.
Children & PetsFor the safety and enjoyment of everyone, adults are kindly asked not to bring children to any recreation programs or activities geared toward adults. Children brought to adult classes interfere with other participants and the instructor. This is for the safety of your children and the consideration of other program participants. Pets are not permitted at Southold Town Facilities, except in areas specifically designated for them, such as the Dog Park or at classes specifically designated for them, such as dog obedience programs.
Waiver:All participants are required to accept the following waiver sign-off when registering themselves or their children/wards for a program. Upon authorizing your registration, you will be required to check off that you accept the waiver in order to complete your registration transaction.
By accepting this waiver sign off, I am aware that by registering and participating in, or registering my child/ward for
and allowing his or her participation in any program or activity offered by the Town of Southold, I am WAIVING and RELEASING all claims for myself and my child/ward arising out of such registration and participation. I agree to indemnify, protect and hold harmless the Town of Southold, its officials, employees, instructors and servants from any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, damages, loss and expenses of whatever kind of nature to any person or to any property arising out of or in conjunction with this activity. I have also read and fully understand the registration and refund policies.