- Committees E-K
- Economic Development Committee
Economic Development Committee
|Jennifer Wheeler Del Vaglio|
|John E. Malley, Chairperson|
|Charles C. Barkley|
|Brian O. Smith|
|Councilman Greg Doroski, Town Board Liaison|
The Town Board created an Economic Development Committee (EDC) in November 2011 to advance initiatives to support economic growth for residents and businesses within the Town of Southold. The volunteer committee is charged with promoting economic vitality through implementing the goals and objectives as outlined in the draft Economic Chapter of the Town’s developing comprehensive plan, “Southold 2020.”
The Economic Development Committee will facilitate successful economic growth and revitalization of existing businesses in addition to seeking new commerce and cultural opportunities that complement the spirit and character of the community, through coordinated government communication and support which results in long-term employment possibilities and a diversified economic base that further benefits the quality of life enjoyed by all who live and visit the Town.
- Identify key business issues facing the Southold Business Community by networking with business owners, local Chambers and Civic Associations, conducting surveys, and scheduling focus groups. Identify key economic development opportunities and threats. Annually communicate our efforts and recommendations to the Town Board.
- Help organize Initiatives with other stakeholders (e.g., Chambers, Civic Associations) that will result in a healthier year round business community.
- Create an infrastructure to support our initiatives including marketing and a presence on the Internet that facilitates communication of our goals and activities.
- Help pursue resources from Federal, NYS, Local Government to support local businesses and Town Economic Development Objectives. Arrange for meetings to brief NYS and LI Regional Development Council regarding our local projects and issues.
The Town of Southold participates with the Suffolk County Industrial Commercial Incentive Plan to encourage private investment through the abatement of property taxes. Real Property constructed, altered, installed or improved for the purpose of commercial, business or industrial activity and which is contained within the geographic areas and industry sectors described in the Plan are eligible for an exemption from the increase of taxation and special ad valorem levies. Click here to see Southold’s program.
Suffolk County Consortium Small Business Assistance Grant Program Quick Reference Guide
ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE: The Suffolk County Consortium Small Business Assistance Grant
Program funds are a one-time payment granted to eligible applicants in an amount up to $5,000 for businesses with up to 10 full-time equivalent employees, and $10,000 for businesses with 11-50 full-time equivalent employees.
Meeting agendas and minutes can be obtained using our document management portal in a folder called committees.
Southold Town Hall
53095 Route 25
P.O. Box 1179
Southold, NY 11971-0059
Ph: (631) 765-5806
Fx: (631) 765-1823
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tue, Jun 6
Tue, Jun 6
Wed, Jun 7