Economic Development Committee
|Donielle Cardinale||March 31, 2021|
||March 31, 2021|
|Jennifer Wheeler Del Vaglio, Chairperson
||March 31, 2021
|Leslie Merinoff||March 31, 2021
|John E. Malley||March 31, 2021
|Brent Robertson||March 31, 2021|
|Denis Noncarrow, Government Liaison Officer|
|Councilman Bob Ghosio, Town Board Liaison
|Auristhela Reinen, Secretary||December 31, 2019|
The Town Board created an Economic Development Committee (EDC) in November 2011 to advance initiatives to support economic growth for residents and businesses within the Town of Southold. The volunteer committee is charged with promoting economic vitality through implementing the goals and objectives as outlined in the draft Economic Chapter of the Town’s developing comprehensive plan, “Southold 2020.”
The Economic Development Committee will facilitate the successful economic growth and revitalization of existing businesses while attracting new commerce and cultural opportunities that complement the true spirit and character of the community, resulting in long-term employment possibilities and a diversified economic base that will further benefit the quality of life enjoyed by all who live and visit the Town.
Doing Business - Helpful Links
Business Services in Suffolk County
- Learn more about services afforded to businesses by Suffolk County government.
- View Suffolk County's guide to starting a business within the county.
- Access the Empire State Development Division of Small Business, where you can find information about a wide array of programs and initiatives to support small business growth and help entrepreneurs maximize their opportunities for success.
- Find online business tools and resources.
- Business Solutions Center
The Town of Southold participates with the Suffolk County Industrial Commercial Incentive Plan to encourage private investment through the abatement of property taxes. Real Property constructed, altered, installed or improved for the purpose of commercial, business or industrial activity and which is contained within the geographic areas and industry sectors described in the Plan are eligible for an exemption from the increase of taxation and special ad valorem levies. Click here to see Southold’s program.