- Committees A-D
- Conservation Advisory Council
Conservation Advisory Council
|John Stein||March 31, 2024|
|Caroline Burghardt||March 31, 2024|
|Carol Brown||March 31, 2024|
|John W. Chandler||March 31, 2026|
|Shannon Wright||March 31, 2026|
|Maggie Merrill||March 31, 2026|
|Inga VanEysden||March 31, 2024|
|Councilman Brian O. Mealy, Town Board Liaison|
|Trustee Liz Gillooly, Board of Trustees Liaison |
|Lauren Standish, Secretary|
This is to certify that the following resolution No. 2006-286 was adopted at the regular meeting of the Southold Town Board on March 14, 2006.
Resolved, that the Town Board of Southold hereby adopts the following mission statement of the Conservation Advisory Committee to update the mission statement adopted on May 6, 1969:
- Receive Town Board’s priorities in the promotion and development of the Town’s natural resources.
- Review, assess, and index the Town’s natural resources and land, publishing maps highlighting resources, present and planned use, and their significance to the environment. Analyze and report the number, location, and impact of approved development permits.
- Inspect properties where a wetlands permit is requested, comment on conservation concerns, and make recommendations to the Trustees to supplement their decisions
- Report efforts of all non-official groups that support the Town’s conservation program.
Climate Smart Communities
Southold Town is working on the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation’s (NYSDEC) statewide Climate Smart Communities initiative to reduce greenhouse gasses.”
Starvation of Southold's Beaches
The Conservation Advisory Council is concerned about waterfront applications in which some property owners along Southold Town’s north shore are asking the Town Trustees for permission to harden unvegetated bluffs to limit the loss of bluff sediment dur to erosion.
Meeting Agendas & Minutes Can Be Obtained Using Our Document Management Portal in the Folder Called Committees.
Tue, Jun 6
Tue, Jun 6
Wed, Jun 7