TOWN OF SOUTHOLD POSITION AVAILABLE
The Town of Southold is seeking a full time Deputy Comptroller.
The Deputy Comptroller assists the Comptroller in overseeing all financial and audit activities of the Town, including establishing sound financial policies and procedures, and maintaining accurate and complete financial accounting records.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
• Assist with supervision and support of employees in the Accounting & Finance Department who perform payroll, personnel and benefits administration, accounting, purchasing and accounts payable functions.
• Review bi-weekly payrolls, prepare and submit related tax remittances, bank advices, etc.
• Review bi-weekly accounts payable warrant and process related funding
• Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
• Assist with annual audits
• Review and record approved budget transfers, monitor budgets to ensure compliance with approved appropriations
• Assist with reporting for outside departments, Town Board, and local, state and federal agencies
• Prepare grant and other reimbursement packets for submission
• Maintain fixed asset records
• Reconcile bank accounts monthly
• Prepare various reconciliations and related journal entries as needed for accounts receivable, interfund items and component unit items
• Allocate property tax remittances as received
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain a flexible, collaborative, adaptive, personable and professionally supportive work environment.
Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered College or University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Certification as a Certified Public Accountant is preferred. Candidates should have at least three (3) years of experience in accounting or finance, preferably in a New York State municipality. Applicants may substitute demonstrable training and experience for parts of this requirement. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit resumes to: Elizabeth Neville, Town Clerk, Town Hall, PO Box 1179, Southold, New York. Resumes MUST be received by 4:00 p.m. on October 11, 2019. Southold is an equal opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
Dated: August 27, 2019 BY ORDER OF THE SOUTHOLD TOWN BOARD
Elizabeth A. Neville Southold Town Clerk